Animal Welfare During Transportation on EU Committee Agenda20 May 2014
EU - The Agriculture and Fisheries Council meeting of May 2014 will take place in Brussels on 19 May 2014, with animal welfare during transportation and reducing food waste on the agenda.
The Commission will be represented by Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dacian Ciolos, the Commissioner for Health, Tonio Borg.
Topics on the agenda for the meeting are:
- Food loss and food waste: information from the Netherlands and Swedish delegations
- Protection of animals during transport: information from the Netherlands and Swedish delegations
- Citrus black spot: information from the Spanish delegation
- The Italian, French and Hungarian delegations will present a note on the Commission's draft Guidelines for State Aids in the agriculture and forestry sector and in rural areas 2014 to 2020
- The Dutch delegation will inform participants on the Progress on the Alliance on Climate Smart Agriculture
- The Austrian delegation will brief participants on the International Conference on Rural Development held in Wildschönau, Tyrol, on 9 May 2014.
TheCattleSite News Desk